Can I Combine WAEC And NECO Result For Admission Into The University: Here are all you need to know about universities that accept combination of WAEC and NECO result as well as School that does not accept.
There is no misgiving that the question as to whether one can combine both WAEC and NECO result for admission into the university is one of the commonest questions among students who are seeking to gain admission into the university or any other higher institution.
I have been opportune to be in the midst of students who have actually been craving to get an answer to this very simple and yet life and time-saving question.
The last question I got was from an intending student of the University of Ibadan, sir, can I combine WAEC and NECO result for admission into the University of Ibadan? Well, I ensured I cleared the air for him.
However, I will be dealing with the topic in a more explicit form on this page so as for others to keep reading and avoid unnecessarily looking for information here and there.
Mind you, if you are yet to register for your 2021/2021 WAEC GCE then you need to read my article on 2021/2022 WAEC registration, it will be very helpful for you. Quickly, let’s dive into the subject of our today’s discussion.
CAN WAEC AND NECO RESULTS BE COMBINED?
Yes! It is possible to combine WAEC and NECO results for admission into any tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Many universities in Nigeria allow for the combination of both WAEC and NECO results. Accordingly, polytechnics in Nigeria also allow the combination of WAEC and NECO results.
Nevertheless, it should be noted that while it is possible to combine both WAEC and NECO results for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria, not all schools accept it. This is one of the disadvantages of using combined results when seeking admission in Nigeria. More details will be given on this as we continue.
It is actually very important to let you some fee reasons or situation that warrant some students to combining of WAEC and NECO result in most cases.
WHY SOME STUDENT COMBINE WAEC AND NECO RESULT
1. Not passing the major subjects in waec.
This is the number one reason why most students eventually result in combining the two results in most cases. For example, the major subject combination needed for their chosen course is mathematics, English, Physics and Chemistry. If such student fails English in WAEC, he is expected to do NECO or any other external exam in English basically to meet up with the requirement for his course.
2. Unseen result.
Yea! Mistakes arise from the waec board sometimes which leads to loss of result for some waec candidates. This oftentimes makes some of the results not to be seen, as therefore, such students are expected to write NECO exam and combine their result, especially when the unseen waec result is a prerequisite to their admission into their school of choice.
RELEVANT INFORMATION TO KNOW ABOUT RESULT COMBINATION.
- Not all schools in Nigeria accept WAEC and NECO combination. Even if they do, it is not for all courses.
- In some schools, while 5 credits (In just one sitting) are required for gaining admission, 6 credits are required for two sittings (That is if you want to combine WAEC and NECO).
- At the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Benin (UNIBEN), Delta State University (DELSU), and the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), only one of WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB result can be used for admission into medicine and surgery.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT COMBINATION OF TWO O’LEVEL SITTINGS
- Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU,
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN;
- University of Ilorin UNILORIN;
- University of Ibadan, UI;
- Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba, AAUA;
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU;
- University of Abuja, UNIABUJA;
- Kaduna State University, KASU;
- TAI Solarin University of Education, TASUED;
- Enugu State University, ESUT;
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (UAM).
You can as well check out the list of Nigeria Universities that accept NECO result.
If this article actually answers your question, please kindly take a second to share for others to learn. Thank you for reading. The comment section is also there for you to drop any of your questions.