If you are a student and you’re searching for how to create your JAMB CAPS account, then read on to get detailed information about the JAMB Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) platform.
In this article, you’ll get to know about the JAMB CAPS portal and the step-by-step process to create a JAMB CAPS account. You’ll also get to know how to log in and accept or reject your admission offer on JAMB CAPS.
About JAMB CAPS Portal
JAMB CAPS stands for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System.
It is a platform created by JAMB to automate the admissions process into universities or tertiary institutions in Nigeria while ensuring transparency, quality control, and credibility of the admission process.
The CAPS, an abbreviation for Central Admission Processing System, is a ‘marketplace’ in the JAMB portal where tertiary institutions can enter and request students in Nigeria who scored up to their cut-off marks.
The CAPS system procedure only allows institutions to admit students who meet their cut-off marks. A candidate who fails to meet the cut-off mark will be denied admission.
Other functions include access to the JAMB admission status, accept/reject admission offers, upload O’ level Results and requirements for admission consideration, automated results verification with the ‘NECO & WAEC for Candidates’ interface, confirmation of admission offer, and automatic enforcement of admission timelines.
How to Create a JAMB CAPS account
Creating a JAMB CAPS account is pretty easy. Below is the step-by-step process on how to create a JAMB CAPS account:
- On your phone or computer browser, go to the JAMB official website which is www.jamb.gov.ng/
- On the registration page, input your original email and confirmation e-mail and your main phone number and Confirm cell number
- Among the list of questions, Select the one you can easily remember
- Enter the answer to the secret question and confirm it.
- Click on verify to verify the e-mail address you submitted. 6. Log into your email and you’ll find an email from open “noreply@JAMB.gov.ng”, titled “eMail Address Confirmation”. Open it.
- In the email, tap on “Click here to continue your Profile Creation”
NOTE: If you can’t find the email in your INBOX, look for it in the SPAM/JUNK folder.
- You will be prompted to enter your personal information after clicking on the link. The personal information required is; your name (surname, first name, middle name), Gender (Male or Female), date of birth, nationality, state of origin, phone number, e-mail address, and password.
- Click on Sign-up and you will see a “Your Account Creation Was Successful” pop-up.
- Click on proceed to login. On your dashboard, you will see your JAMB 2021 Profile. It will look like “Hello! Welcome Back Surname, First-name Middle-name…. Registration Profile Code: 54428*****.
And that is simply all you need to do to create a JAMB CAPS account. Now here’s how to log in to the JAMB CAPSaccount you created.
How to Login on JAMB CAPS efacility
Below are the steps to log in.
- On your browser, go to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- To log in, input your email address and password you used for your JAMB registration in the spaces provided.
- Click the login button.
Now, to check your admission status, follow these steps:
If you are using a laptop/PC, the “Admission Status” tab can be found on the left bar of the browser. Scroll up and click on it.
Your registration number will appear in a box (it cannot be cleared because you’ve logged into your JAMB profile earlier and your JAMB registration goes along with it)
Besides the registration number, click on “Check admission status”
If you are checking with your mobile phone, we recommend you use advanced browsers like Firefox or Google chrome.
This is because the admission status tab will not be visible at the left bar of the page on a mobile browser. Therefore you will need to go to settings and switch the display of your mobile browser to desktop mode because the JAMB CAPS portal is designed mainly for desktop.
To accept or reject an admission offer on your CAPS account, follow the steps below:
- Open your browser and go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- In the required columns, enter your Email Address and Password and log in.
- When the page loads, locate ‘Check Admission Status and click on it.
- Choose your examination year and enter your JAMB registration number in the provided column. Click on the ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
- On the left panel, select ‘Admission Status‘.
- You will see the ‘Search button in front of your JAMB Registration Number. Click on it to load your profile.
- Under ‘Admission Profile’, you will be able to see your admission offer and can then click ‘accept’ or ‘reject’.
And that’s all you need to know on how to create a JAMB CAPS account. We also shared how to accept or reject admission on the facility portal. Do make sure you follow the procedures on this page to successfully create a JAMB account.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to use the comment box below. We will reply to you as soon as we get your comment(s).
You can share this article if you find it very helpful!