Cyprus also called “The republic of Cyprus” is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean located in the south of Turkey just after Sardinia, it is also close to Sicily.
Cyprus is the third largest but the most populous island in the Mediterranean Sea. Cyprus is geographically located in Asia but it is politically a European country and also a member of the EU.
Universities in Cyprus have extremely low and affordable tuition fees. More than 63,000 university students from over 131 different countries are currently enrolled in twelve major universities in Cyprus.
If you desire education with nice and conducive environment where you can also meet different people from different culture, then you should consider studying in Cyprus.
COST OF STUDYING IN CYPRUS
It is highly recommended that you have the idea of how things are in Cyprus before thinking of living over there, However the below are just the estimated values from a random data, hence, you are required to make further enquiry regarding the cost of studying in Cyprus yourself.
For international students, tuition fees varies depending on both the degree type (e.g. Bachelor and Masters). The tuition fee for international bachelor undergraduate students is below 3500Euros per annum except when the course of study is Pharmacy, which the annual cost is about 7000 Euros. The tuition fee of the Masters/PhD postgraduate programs is between 2000 and 2500 Euros which also depend on the course of study.
COST OF LIVING IN CYPRUS
Note that all the following are just estimated values, unless you’re on a tour to visit the beaches or to take scuba diving lessons complimented with the great meals prepared for tourists interested in the aquatic life, you’ll spend a lot less than you would have spent studying in most cities in Europe here in Cyprus.
On the average, the cost of living for international students is around €300-€650 monthly. Feeding is ralatively very cheap, taxis charge fairly a stipend, and once you start getting acquainted with the locals you’ll barely pay a dime for the nightlife.
Although rail network in Cyprus has not been functioning, buses are fairly expensive but readily available. Though people prefer to use the taxis because reliable routes can be limited, in Cyprus,groceries are cheaper when compared to their cost in the United Kingdom, especially when it involves meat and fresh fruits, restaurant meals are generally cheaper as well. Prices of things vary and this depends mostly on the producer or the suppliers.
COST OF COMMON COMMODITIES IN CYPRUS
|Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district||€13|
|Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar)||€7|
|500 gr (1 lb.) of boneless chicken breast||€4.17|
|1 liter (1 qt.) of whole fat milk||€1.35|
|12 eggs, large||€3.58|
|1 kg (2 lb.) of tomatoes||€1.78|
|500 gr (16 oz.) of local cheese||€5.74|
|1 kg (2 lb.) of apples||€1.67|
|1 kg (2 lb.) of potatoes||€0.98|
|0.5 l (16 oz) domestic beer in the supermarket||€1.28|
|1 bottle of red table wine, good quality||€7|
|2 liters of coca-cola||€1.86|
|Bread for 2 people for 1 day||€1.33|
|Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) furnished accommodation in expensive area||€1,000|
|Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 sqft) furnished accommodation in normal area||€719|
|Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas …) for 2 people in 85m2 flat||€160|
|Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sqft) furnished studio in expensive area||€594|
|Monthly rent for a 45 m2 (480 sqft) furnished studio in normal area||€439|
|Utilities 1 month (heating, electricity, gas …) for 1 person in 45 m2 (480 sqft) studio||€97|
|Internet 8 mbps (1 month)||€27|
|40” flat screen tv||€343|
|Microwave 800/900 watt (bosch, panasonic, lg, sharp, or equivalent brands)||€147|
|Laundry detergent (3 l. ~ 100 oz.)||€7|
|Hourly rate for cleaning help||€6|
|1 pair of jeans (levis 501 or similar)||€92|
|1 summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers)||€33|
|1 pair of sport shoes (nike, adidas, or equivalent brands)||€110|
|1 pair of men’s leather business shoes||€105|
|Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new||€15,819|
|1 liter (1/4 gallon) of gas||€1.22|
|Monthly ticket public transport||€48|
|Cold medicine for 6 days (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex, or equivalent brands)||€3.89|
|1 box of antibiotics (12 doses)||€15|
|Short visit to private doctor (15 minutes)||€48|
|1 box of 32 tampons (tampax, ob, …)||€5.03|
|Deodorant, roll-on (50ml ~ 1.5 oz.)||€3.53|
|Hair shampoo 2-in-1 (400 ml ~ 12 oz.)||€3.98|
|4 rolls of toilet paper||€2.38|
|Tube of toothpaste||€1.78|
|Standard men’s haircut in expat area of the city||€12|
|Basic dinner out for two in neighborhood pub||€38|
|2 tickets to the movies||€18|
|2 tickets to the theater (best available seats)||€64|
|Dinner for two at an italian restaurant in the expat area including appetisers, main course, wine and dessert||€59|
|1 cocktail drink in downtown club||€8|
|Cappuccino in expat area of the city||€2.96|
|1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt.)||€3.04|
|Ipad wi-fi 128gb||€490|
|1 min. of prepaid mobile tariff (no discounts or plans)||€0.45|
|1 month of gym membership in business district||€60|
|1 package of marlboro cigarettes|
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS/GUIDELINES TO STUDY IN CYPRUS
The general requirement to study in any higher institution of any international community is the high-School leaving certificates e.g. WAEC/NECO, However this often differs depending on the kind of institution/program.
Some may have additional requirements, the applicant must submit a certified copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate or the equivalent, demonstrating that he/she has suitably graduated from secondary school, and must arrange for other significant certified documents, such as:
- General Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Secondary Education Certificate
- Senior School Certificate
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Matriculation Examination Certificate
- Upper Secondary
- Secondary School
- High School or Senior High School Leaving Certificate
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES IN CYPRUS AND THEIR TUITION FEES
|1||Cyprus West University||Famagusta||Private||$2400|
|3||University of Cyprus||Nicosia||National||3500€|
|4||Eastern Mediterranean University||Famagusta||State-trust-run||4300-10,400$|
|5||Cyprus University of Technology||Limassol||National||3500€|
|6||Open University of Cyprus||Nicosia||National||491-947 USD|
|7||European University Cyprus||Nicosia||Private||6024€|
|8||Frederick University||Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca||Private||5850€|
|9||University of Nicosia||Nicosia, Limassol, Larnaca||Private||8280-8430€|
|10||European University of Lefke||Lefka||State||2800-4200€|
|11||Neapolis University Paphos||Paphos||Private||488-966 USD/ month|
|12||American University of Cyprus||Nicosia||Private||3000€|
|13||Cyprus International University||Nicosia||Private||3000€|
|15||Near East University||Nicosia||Private||5600-12,600€/annum|
|16||Girne American University||Kyrenia||Private||2750-5500€|
|17||University of Kyrenia||Kyrenia||Private||11500€|
|18||Cyprus Science University||Kyrenia||Private||3000-9000 USD/annum|
|19||University of Mediterranean Karpasia||Karpasia|
FOR UNDERGRADUATES STUDENTS
Students must have a secondary school leaving certificate in order to qualify for admission into the bachelor degree programme in Cyprus tertiary education institutions.
- A copy of your secondary School Certificate (scanned)
- copy international travel passport (scanned)
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency if any
- Full Transcript for transfer students
- passport-sized photograph (one)
FOR MASTERS AND PHD./DOCTORATE STUDIES
Generally, students/applicants must hold a valid master’s degree for admission into the PhD programme and also an appropriate undergraduate degree for admission into the master degree.
Note thats these document might have changed over time, therefore students are strongly advised to make further enquiry to the respective institutions before applying.
- Copies of diplomas received from a tertiary institution or university (scanned)
- Graduate Program English Language Requirement (optional)
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken in previous university.
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. (if available)
- Photocopy of the student’s international travel passport
APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
The general required is the Language: All applicants must have a good/little knowledge of English language or Greek. And should be able to speak and understand one of them or both
- Medical examination report which includes TB, X-Ray, and Hepatitis B etc. Also international students are required to tender a medical examination certificate or report of fitness to the tertiary education institution of interest.
- A brief not which includes the students’ goals and interests based on research or academic career.
- A research project proposal which will be done during the doctorate/PhD studies.
- A letter of Acceptance issued by the tertiary education institution.
- Curriculum vitals which must include your name, phone contact details, educational backgrounds, level of professional experience (if any), academic honours, awards and research publications (if any), leisure activities or hobbies, also references should be included.
- College or school leaving certificate.
- Signed letter of recommendation from two or more reputable people.
- Financial stability evidence.
- PhD programme master thesis
- Copy of birth certificate
- Academic transcripts for masters & PhD students
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Receipt of tuition payment.
- Greek language knowledge certificate (if any).
This is the little we can take on the topic “List of universities in Cyprus and their tuition fees, cost of living, admission requirements, list of Universities” Thanks for reading
What Others Are Reading:
We will keep you updated