Are you among the millions of secondary school students in the final, preparing for the 2021/2022 West African Education Council? If your then this article will update you on the date, the steps involved in registering for WAEC and also the cost of purchasing the registration form.
Also very important, registration processes and everything concerning WAEC, including the checking of results are to be carried out on the official website of WAEC
When is the Date for WAEC Examination?
According to WAEC, the examination commences on Monday, the 16th of September 2021 and ends on the 8th of October 2021. So currently, the examination is ongoing.
How much is the WAEC registration fee?
The 2021 WAEC registration fee is Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira only (N13, 950). Candidates who are eligible to sit for the examination, are required to pay the N13, 950 which is non-refundable along with a draft of the registration form or template which they obtained from their school. Also, this fee applies to both the external and internal candidates.
If you are registering for the WAEC Examination, you are required to present the following during registration ;
• Candidate’s Date of birth
• New passport photographs
• A correct and valid email address
• Contact phone number
• Complete name (Starting form Surname, First name, and Middle name)
• State of origin
• Nationality and residential address.
• Candidates Local Government of origin
• List of the Nine (9) or Eight (8) subjects that the candidate intends to write in the exam.
Procedures involved in registering for WAEC
To register for the WAEC Examination, simply follow the steps below.
The first step is to Visit the official WAEC 2021 registration Portal
• Exercise patience while the page loads
• Select “Start registration ”.
• Follow the procedures on the page that will open to complete your registration.
• Submit your application and print out a copy of your registration slip
Steps on how to prepare for WAEC
The thought of one writing the WAEC Examination in few months time can put a student in a state of anxiety, especially considering the fact that if one fails in the Major subjects, he or she will have to sit for the examination again and of course you know that requires another spending, time and extra preparation. So if you want to write your WAEC Examination and pass in one sitting, the following steps on how to prepare and be ready for the big day will help you.
Read also: How To Pass 2022/2023 WAEC GCE | Tips To Score 8As
• Make sure you get a hold of the WAEC syllabus, Past Questions and Textbooks which will help define your study and preparation.
• Revise and solve all work examples, homework, and test questions.
• Study as if you were to write the examination the following day.
• Read and make notes
• Do not deprive yourself of good food, Sleep, and rest.
• Remember to go to the examination centre with your jotter which you had jotted down some salient points while preparing for the examination. Go through the jotting again while waiting for the supervisors and invigilators.
• Gather all your exam writing materials before leaving for the exam
• Try not to be anxious and be confident in what you have studied so far.
• Arrive at the examination center early, advisable, one hour before the exam start to avoid rushing to the exam hall.
• Follow the examiner’s instructions strictly to avoid mistakes
Having gone through the dates, cost of acquiring a WAEC registration form, and how to prepare for the big examination in Nigeria I believe this article has proven to be helpful.
Sharing Is Caring...Please Share!!!